Vea esta página en/See this page in: Español
How are you? We are thinking of you all during these unprecedented times. We are here. Reach out and we will do our best to connect you with support and resources. We created a list of frequently asked questions in Spanish about getting resources and support.
Many of us are feeling scared, overwhelmed, and alone. Let’s do what we do best and work together to stay connected and fight off isolation, loneliness, boredom, and fear. Reach out to each other and make sure we all feel the love and support familia (given or chosen) has to offer.
Although hugs and hang outs are fun, connection doesn’t have to be physical and with so many unknowns, distance is keeping us safe. We can connect with each other in many other ways. Here are just a few:
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in while
- Send a funny picture to your cousin to show you’re thinking of them
- Text your coworker about something that happened to you today
- Check in on your neighbors and see if they need a meal (or toilet paper)
- Play a virtual game with your friends via messenger
- Make a video of yourself singing your favorite song to post on social media
- Email your squad to see how everyone is doing
- Wave out the window at a stranger walking their dog
There is a lot of information being shared about Coronavirus and COVID-19 on social media and on the news. We wanted to share some resources we’ve found helpful on how to stay safe.
- COVID-19 Facts (English) (Spanish)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus (English) (Spanish)
- Protecting Yourself Against Coronavirus (English) (Spanish)
- Myth Busters about Coronavirus (English) (Spanish)
Somos Familia will continue to operate during the multi-county shelter in place order in the Bay Area, but we will do so in a remote capacity. We hope you will continue to engage with us. Check out our social media (Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter) for more updated information as we work on a new website.
We know that being at home isn’t safe or comfortable for many of us because of our identities and relationships. If you are feeling unsafe during the shelter in place order, here are some resources that can support you.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-7233
- WOMAN Inc 877-384-3578
- Trans Lifeline 877-565-8860
- Trevor Project 866-488-7386
- Parenting Stress Helpline 800-829-3777
Lastly, know that you are always welcome, accepted, and loved for who you are in our familia. Somos Familia is just a phone call, text, or email away.