Entre Nos (Between Us)
Entre Nos (Between Us) is an animated novela that talks about family acceptance.
Click here for more episodes.
How To Talk To Your Family About Gender and Sexual Orientation
- When Should We Have a Conversation About Gender & Sexual Orientation?
- How Do We Start A Conversation Gender & Sexual Orientation?
- Establishing Values and Principles For Your Family Conversation
- A Safe Environment to Learn and Grow
- Frequently Asked Questions
An Important Message About the Safety of Our Children and Youth
Download English and Español
Somos Familia provides bilingual (Spanish/English) education and support services for Latina/o families and service providers such as child care workers, teachers, and staff of community-based organizations in order to build their capacity to better serve Latina/o families with LGBTQ children and create safer environments for all of our children. Somos Familia’s education and support program helps youth, parents, and school personnel to create safe and healthy school and home environments. Read more here.
We are proud to announce the availability of “Tres Gotas de Agua” (Three Drops of Water). In this short documentary, three Latina immigrant mothers talk about their children’s coming out processes, conveying powerful messages about unconditional love, shared responsibility and acceptance of LGBTQ people as part of Latino families. The three stories, in Spanish with English subtitles, can be viewed together, or as a separate videos. Please share the link to our YouTube page widely with family, friends, colleagues and community networks. Our goal is to make the videos easy to access so as many people as possible will see them.
These videos are intended as an educational tool:
- to spark discussion and dialogue in the community and schools
- to support families of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) youth
- to build awareness and acceptance of LGBTQ youth as part of our families.
- Family Acceptance Project Report on Impact of Family Acceptance
- LULAC and HRC Report on Latino LGBTQ Youth
- Williams Institute Report On LGBTQ Youth Homelessness
- Substance Abuse and Risky Sexual Behavior Decrease Among Latino Youth When Parents Communicate
Understanding Gender and Sexual Orientation
Latino LGBTQ Stories
- Regino: First in family to go to college [VIDEO]
- Nathalie: Queer Latina opens successful LGBTQ gym
- Michael: Story of Family Rejection [VIDEO]
- Cynthia: Family Acceptance Story [VIDEO]
- Ricardo & Jesse: Latino Gay Men raise 4 children
- Our Families: LGBT Latino Stories [VIDEO]
- Undocumented and Unafraid, Queer and Unashamed [VIDEO]